PhD Computational Neuroscience (2019 - present)
University of Cambridge Supervisor: Dr Guillaume Hennequin
- Development of Bayesian latent variable models for neural population recodings (Jensen et al. 2020, Jensen & Kao et al. 2021).
- Continual learning in biological motor circuits and for AI (Jensen et al. 2021, Kao & Jensen et al. 2021).
- Planning and decision making in biological and artificial agents.
MPhil Computational Biology (2018 - 2019)
University of Cambridge & Harvard Center for Brain Science Result: Distinction (89.1/100; 1st of 19 students) Supervisor: Professor Bence Ölveczky
- Dissertation: Long-Term Stability of Neural Dynamics Underlying Stereotyped Behavior
BA Natural Sciences
University of Cambridge Result: First Class Honors (82.7/100; 1st of 112 students)
- Specialization: Molecular Biology & Theoretical Chemistry
UCSD Department of Cognitive Science (2022)
Supervisor: Dr Marcelo Mattar
- Studying planning and decision making with behaviour, neural recordings, and deep RL.
Harvard Center for Brain Science (2018 - )
Supervisor: Professor Bence Ölveczky
- Analysis of the neural stability of motor memories from extracellular recordings.
- Training of GLMs and recurrent network models of representational stability and drift.
- Jensen et al. (2021)
Janelia Research Campus (2018 - 2019)
Supervisor: Professor Vivek Jayaraman
- Analysis of electron miscroscopy \& RNAseq data from the fly head direction circuit.\
- Development of experimentally inspired biophysical and recurrent network models.
- Turner-Evans et al. (2020)
Cambridge Centre for Computational Chemistry (2017 - 2018)
Supervisor: Dr Alex Thom
- Development of a Hartree Fock-based method for modeling electron transfer reactions. \
- Characterization of the electronic states in a computational model of a solar cell.
- Jensen et al. (2018)
Aarhus University Department of Biomedicine (2016 - 2017)
Supervisor: Dr Yonglun Luo
- Investigation of factors affecting the efficiency of CRISPR/Cas9 for genome editing. \
- Design of new CRISPR-based tools for improved genomic and epigenomic control.
- Jensen et al. (2017)
- Teaching Assistant - Computational neuroscience (2021)
University of Cambridge
- Teaching Assistant - 3rd year computational neuroscience (2020 & 2022)
- Supervisor (Teaching Assistant) - 3rd year mathematical electrophysiology (2021)
- Supervisor (Teaching Assistant) - 3rd year theoretical chemistry (2018-2020)
Fellowships & scholarships
- Cambridge Gates Scholar (2019 - present)
- Scholar of Magdalene College, Cambridge (2016 - 2019)
- Janelia Undergraduate Scholar (2018)
- British Chamber of Commerce in Denmark Scholar (2015)
- Georgina Winnifred Holgate Pollard Memorial Prize for best performance in undergraduate chemistry (2018)
- Gill, Bundy & B.C. Saunders prizes for excellence in university examinations (2016-2018)
- BP Prize for the best performance in practical chemistry (2018)
- BP Prize for the best performance in theoretical chemistry (2017)
- Silver medal - The International Chemistry Olympiad (2014 & 2015)
- Python (PyTorch, Jax & TensorFlow), Julia (Zygote & Flux), R, MATLAB